US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Responsibilities: Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and maintain updates to our global 3-year technology strategy. Ensure linkages to business strategy, financial objectives and market dynamics.
- Assist in driving Sysco’s Technology Innovation Program which includes co-innovating with suppliers, venture capital firms and universities while also coordinating crowdsourcing, ideation and hackathon programs.
- Assist in portfolio management inclusive of tracking project delivery and compliance with the enterprise project management methodology (PMM) and linkages to our company strategy.
- Working with the CIDO, VP of Technology Strategy and Services and Executive Assistant (EA), assist in the daily operation of the department and the “Office of the CIDO”.
- This includes but is not limited to preparing for meetings (Board of Directors, CEO leadership team, governance committees and more); assisting in monthly key metric, benchmarking and financial reviews; and other duties or special projects that may be required by the CIDO or VP.
Successful candidate will have:
The successful candidate is ideally a well-rounded technology professional who can balance both strategic work and tactical execution. This is an ideal role for an incumbent analyst or technology professional looking to broaden his/her experiences for future roles of broader leadership. Working in the Office of the CIDO is the ideal role to be exposed to and learn from all facets of technology and digital leadership.
Given that the role is involved in strategy, innovation and portfolio management, the successful candidate should have strong foundational skills in both technology and business. S/he should possess the following characteristics:
- A laser focus on getting things done on-time, on-budget and to quality (management) but with a strong bias for leadership – ensuring teams are clear on intent and motivated to deliver results.
- Ideally, s/he has proven experience and/or exposure to two or more technology disciplines in his/her early career. These can include, but are not limited to, product or project management, software engineering, infrastructure operations, cyber security, ERP and corporate systems, eCommerce and many others. Well-rounded foundational capabilities are preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with impeccable attention to detail. S/he is outstanding at “staff work” – the collecting, proofing, consolidating, editing and quality control to ensure high-quality deliverables from disparate leaders and teams.
- An innovative self-starter with strong initiative. A “get things done” mentality.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with strong executive presence and proven ability to influence. S/he will interact with individuals at all levels of organizations (both internally and externally).
- Finance savvy with an analytical rigor and inquisitive mind.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Studies in computer science, engineering, business or finance are preferred. An advanced degree is also highly preferred.
Team: While this is not a supervisory role, s/he will be engaged with resources from around the global technology organization. It’s a role of great scope and influence with perhaps a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the inner workings of a Fortune 50 technology team.
Key Relationships: CIDO, VP, CIDO Staff, SrMgr, Executive Assistant, Technology Finance Team, Technology Strategy and Portfolio Managers. Exposure to senior leadership within Sysco.
Travel: Minimal travel and only as required by the CIDO or VP.
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors