About the job
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About GM Defense:
General Motors has been a proud supporter of the U.S. military for more than a century. From supplying goods and materials when our manufacturing might was called upon during the First and Second World Wars, to operating as GM Defense from 1950 to 2003, GM has answered America’s call in support of the Department of Defense. Returning to the national security space in 2017, GM Defense is again backed by the power and scale of our parent company.
Leveraging GM’s global design, engineering, and manufacturing capabilities, as well as the benefits of a global supply chain, GM Defense provides an unprecedented combination of world-class scale and fast-to-market flexibility. Delivering cutting-edge advancements in integrated vehicles, power and propulsion, autonomy, mobility, and security solutions to our customers, we are GM Defense.
Why Work For Us
The GM culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support employee volunteer interests and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Senior Analyst is a newly created position for the GM Defense unit to lead detailed research and analysis of global government and defense markets in support of GM Defense growth initiatives.Projects will include designing and executing analysis for a broad scope ranging from market strategy development to growth initiatives, requiring a self-starter with domain experience, strong research and analysis skills, and ability to communicate findings to corporate leaders.
The Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for leading market, U.S. government budget, industry, competitive, technology, and other business analyses in support of the growth of the GM Defense business unit. The Senior Analyst will be tasked with maintaining in-house databases of key programs, competitors, and technologies to support the business, and will develop presentation material to support planning discussions and executive reviews. Subjects for research, study and analysis will include both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
This role requires collaboration with business development, finance, engineering, and other functions within GM. The Growth & Strategy function will include the VP of Growth & Strategy, Director of Strategic Planning, Director of Defense Strategy, and one Senior Analyst. The Senior Analyst will report to the Director of Strategic Planning. Team structure is flat, with all team members contributing to priority projects. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to create a platform for himself or herself, identifying specific project areas that are value added to GM Defense.
- Market Research & Analysis: Lead the effort to improve GM Defense‘s understanding of trends, developments, competitive intelligence, and customer intelligence in core and adjacent markets. Develop and maintain analyses and databases to articulate target market size and characteristics. Develop and maintain analyses and databases on key programs, technologies, and competitors. Track government spending in target markets. Focus areas could include market scoping and quantification, customer analysis, technology analysis, and competitor or partner analysis. Assemble analyses into cogent summaries the team can use to support market development and prioritization of efforts. Develop network in industry circles to collect market and competitive intelligence. Attend industry conferences and networking events.
- Analysis in Support of Strategic Planning: Support maintenance of a line-item model to capture GMD’s pipeline and proforma revenue opportunities by type, probability of win, maturity, etc. Collaborate with the business development team to create inputs and collaborate with the finance team to convert revenue projections into profit projections.
- Support Execution of Growth Initiatives: Provide analysis to support development of market and business options, including development of presentation materials. Seek technical input from engineering, and support development of business cases to drive new growth initiatives. This will benefit from development of internal networks within GM to reach back into the enterprise’s resource pools to create opportunities, as well as the leadership and management skills to execute cross-enterprise projects.
- Capability & Organizational Analysis: Support team efforts to identify capabilities required to execute the GM Defense strategy. Support project efforts to build business and organizational capabilities required. This includes working across the GM enterprise and with external stakeholders.
- M&A and Partnership Support: Provide analysis of companies identified as potential acquisition candidates – location, capabilities, key programs, technology portfolio, etc. Support M&A and partnership campaigns with analysis.
- Capture & Proposal Support: Provide surge analytical support for capture and proposal efforts, specifically competitive and market analysis.
- Board Support: Provide analysis and presentation material to support Board of Management meetings with GM senior leadership.
Additional Job Description
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong business and technical analytical skills
- Interest and ability in developing and maintaining databases and models, leveraging large data sets to create analyses that drive business decisions
- Strong project management skills, including multi-stakeholder project management
- Strong communication skills to share analysis with and seek input from a broad range of corporate leaders and stakeholders
- Unstructured problem-solving skills, with ability to learn quickly across domains
- Broad understanding of technology and technical applications
- Business, market, and industry analytics
- Design and execution of quantitative and qualitative analysis methodologies
- Ability to develop, apply, and maintain financial and quantitative models in Excel and other modeling software
- Land systems and/or defense industry experience preferred
- Strategic planning and/or Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) experience preferred
- Experience in product or technology development preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of global military and government markets preferred
- BA/BS degree
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional work experience conducting analysis for aerospace, defense and/or government markets
- 5+ years of professional work experience in project execution and management roles
- Military experience a plus
- Ideal candidate is a positive and candid self-starter who enjoys working with others in a cross-functional environment
- Candidate excels at desk research and analysis, creating analyses and presentations
- Candidate is able to think and operate autonomously, strategically, and tactically to ensure duties are achieved while new opportunities are developed
- Candidate is comfortable working in a high-paced startup environment
- Candidate enjoys building projects, developing people, and working across the organization to achieve shared business-level results
- Position is in Michigan or Washington, DC – If in Michigan, expect travel to DC or other sites monthly; if in Washington, DC expect travel 1-2 times per month to Michigan; additional travel project dependent
- Travel unlikely to exceed 25% of time
- International travel possible
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Business Development
- Address Warren, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors