Role Value Proposition:
The Network Engineer – DevOps is responsible for the design, engineering, and optimization of current and emerging network technologies to support MetLife business in over 40+ countries. This role requires expertise in many of the following network architectures, including route/switch, VPN, Load Balancing, firewalls, WAN acceleration, Cloud Security, Zero Trust, SDN, as well as service chaining through API integration and automation.
- Upkeeping of Global Network Security Organization’s technology portfolio ensuring standards, compliance and adhere to best practice.
- Provide level 2/3 technical support for Core Network Security portfolio – include but not limited to Firewall, URL Filtering, Remote Access VPN & Network Access Control
- Provide write-up for Root Cause Analysis and represent at the Major Problem Review Meeting
- Involved in Proof of concept analysis of new technology and product sets – like Network Cloud Security, Cloud VPN and Zero Trust
- Collaborate with project management stakeholders to ensure technical deliverables are met.
- Ability to manage the project tasks and communicate any technical impact to change management.
- Identify gaps and areas of improvement using operational metrics and collaborate with Sr. members using Agile framework to address business needs and improve business value
- Take on technical leading role in a project with limited guidance from Sr. Team Member
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 4+ years equivalent work experience with strong knowledge in 3 technical core competencies – Firewall, Remote Access VPN, Site-Site VPN, Cloud Network Security & Network Access Control, Protocol level security, Proxy & Analytic tools such as Splunk etc.
- Ability to Automate a solution using vendor APIs by using different programming language preferably Python
- Skills to utilize protocol-level analysis tool such as Wireshark to troubleshoot complex problems
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent understanding of application and network architecture, and ability to assess security designs with minimal supervision
- Strong Communication Skills
- Mid-level Programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Systems or related field
- Cloud related certification
Global Infrastructure Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118369
- Address Cary, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors