About the job
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Tough security challenges are cracked by innovative thinkers. We’re a community of security mavens looking for dynamic, creative, and unique humans to help us transform the way we bring cybersecurity solutions to our clients around the world.
Come join IBM Security!
Joining IBM Security Gives You The Opportunity To
IBM is looking for a Product Manager, Digital Trust to join our global Security Services team. Our Digital Trust portfolio includes solutions in data, application, or network security as well as identity and access management.
- Contribute to a varied portfolio of disruptive offering that are still in their early stages or undergoing major transformation
- Build end-to-end solutions that combine technology platforms, managed services and consulting expertise to deliver differentiated value to clients
- Execute a go-to-market strategy to accelerate the growth of the Digital Trust Security Services business
- Collaborate with Digital Trust Security experts while working for a company that’s the recognized leader in the enterprise security space.
In this position, you’ll play a central role leading the definition of offering requirements and go-to-market strategy to respond to the security needs of enterprise customers. This role will require collaboration across many internal and external teams to build a compelling customer journey, from the first customer touchpoint, to sale, to contract delivery. You’ll connect with our clients, technology partners, other vendors, and operational stakeholders to rapidly scale the business.
The successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills, problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading diverse cross-functional teams and encouraging collaboration and commitment. We are looking for someone with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, innovative projects.
- Define service offering vision and requirements based on an intimate knowledge of specific market segments, target customers, and supporting technology product category.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the company to align on strategy and deliver on that vision, e.g. marketing, sales, engineering, service delivery, product teams, channel partners, international operating teams, etc.
- Design product packaging to facilitate client consumption of our services
- Define and execute a pricing strategy
- Develop and maintain market definition, sizing, and direction to inform offering strategy.
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your service areas with prospects and customers.
- Team with IBM and non-IBM technology partners to integrate their technology into IBM’s Service offerings.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, delivery, and channel teams have what they need to be successful.
- Support sales by enabling business development and sales teams, supporting calls with key clients, and helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories
- Experience in product management including development, launch and life-cycle execution for Security Solutions or Services Offerings
- Experience in the space of network security, identity and access management, and/or data and application security
- Experience partnering and building relationships with multiple technology vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to drive collaboration in cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Preferred work location for this position is Cambridge, MA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years minimum experience in Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing, Delivery or Consulting.
- 5 years minimum expertise in network security, identity and access management, and/or data and application security
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5 years minimum experience in Product Management and/or strategy experience with Cloud-based solutions (for example SaaS, PaaS, etc.) and security services (consulting, systems implementation, managed services)
- 5 years minimum experience in Product Development, Product Management, and/or Product Marketing in areas of Cyber Security or a related IT offering area, such as Regulatory Compliance or Data Privacy.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors