Job Description Summary
As a Principal Security Engineer – Embedded Systems, you will have the opportunity to architect and develop OT cybersecurity solutions for embedded systems. You will lead and contribute to R&D programs aligned with GE’s businesses such as Aviation, Power, Renewables, and Healthcare as well as with U.S. Government Agencies such as the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Energy. The technologies developed under these programs will be matured and transitioned into GE business products. Are you ready to join our team of technology enthusiasts to help make GE’s industrial assets safer and more secure to protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure?
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with GE businesses to help transition embedded cybersecurity concepts from early stage lab demonstrations to fieldable prototypes.
- Work with U.S. Government Agencies to shape winning proposals and lead projects that will create innovative solutions to protect the nation’s most critical infrastructure.
- Work with hardware suppliers and engineering tool providers to identify the best solutions for the most challenging industrial and defense applications.
- Collaborate with Universities, Industrial consortiums, Commercial partners, and others to advance the state of the art in OT cybersecurity.
- Publish technical papers, file patents, and contribute to open source communities.
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of industry related experience OR Master’s degree in similar fields with a minimum of 13 years of industry related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in similar fields with a minimum of 15 years of industry related experience.
- Hands-on embedded programming skills (e.g., C/C++, Java, Phyton, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Linux security and Linux driver and/or kernel development.
- Understanding of embedded systems security requirements and related technologies.
- Knowledge of common security architectures used in commercial products and/or in industrial assets.
- Experience with security certification requirements and standards for regulated and critical infrastructure.
- Experience with development of real-time embedded systems, microcontrollers, FPGAs, x86, and/or ARM processors.
- Experience with incorporating hardware-based security techniques (e.g. Hardware Security Modules, ARM TrustZone, Secure Boot, Software Update, etc.).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY or Washington D.C.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Knowledge of secure communication protocols and cryptography.
- Experience with hypervisors, containers, and related technologies.
- Experience with real-time operating systems (e.g., VxWorks, QNX, Green Hills, etc.).
- Experience with writing winning proposals in response to government solicitations.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
- Address Niskayuna, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors