This is an operations role in Cyber Security. The candidate will work in a fast paced environment, identifying and responding to cyber security events, while serving as a subject matter expert on malicious attacks.
The Network Detection and Response (NDR) team in the Global Information Security organization is responsible for defending the Bank’s Internet facing networks and applications from disruptive security threats such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. NDR works at the tip of the spear to ensure that customers have an uninterrupted network experience, by rapidly responding to security events, developing defenses, and mitigating attacks. NDR team members are expected to be subject matter experts on disruptive security events and able to apply their extensive knowledge of computer networking and cyber security threats in order to develop solutions to complex cyber scenarios.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• End-to-end cyber security monitoring and response.
• Responding to, researching, measuring, detecting and mitigating security attacks that target the network and application layers
• Exercising judgment within broadly defined practices in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
• Designing and implementing secure solutions to meet customer/client needs while protecting the Bank’s assets
• Providing subject matter expertise
• Collaborating with peers and business units in a team-focused environment
• Strong understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack.
• Experience with network monitoring tools, NetFlow and packet analysis desired.
• CISSP, CCIE, CEH, CCNA is desired, but not required
• Experience with firewalls, access control lists (ACL’s), Intrusion Detection & Prevention technologies, and other network security equipment is desired
• A working knowledge of security threat vectors such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, networking, network security and application security desired.
• Advanced problem solving skills, ability to work without oversight
• Demonstrates the capability of working in a team environment and collaborating with oversea partners.
• On call rotation will be required
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Colorado law: Colorado
Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1.877.760.2076. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Please note: Messages left for other purposes such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
- Address 7619 Little River TPKE, Annandale, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors