At The Home Depot, our Cybersecurity team plays a pivotal role in creating and implementing solutions to protect our associates, customers, and communities from internal and external security threats.
The Application Security member supports The Home Depot’s security mission by performing internal application security assessments and provide tooling, training, & support for software engineering teams. As a member of the team you are required to have experience and knowledge about secure code practices, SAST, DAST and SCA tool configurations, and be able to prioritize risks.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20% – Strategy & Planning:
Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
Leads the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products
Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support
Participates in project planning and management across multiple efforts
Develops formal training courses
30% – Delivery & Execution:
Leads configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
Leads field and corporate roll-outs of technology
Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
Creates and optimizes specifications for technology solutions
Produces and manages purchase requests for hardware and software
40% – Support & Enablement:
Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
Acts as a vendor liaison, owning resourcing, issue management, and documentation
Leads the production of in-house documentation around solutions
Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
Provides application support for software running in production
Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service
Acts as a mentor to more junior Systems Engineers
10% – Learning:
Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure
Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.Travel:
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
5+ years of relevant work experience
- Analyze Scan results to identify true and false positives.
- Creation and execution of test cases for manual testing.
- Identify enhancements for our tools.
- Experienced in source code reviews
- Work with Dev Teams to communicate results and solve defects.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the Team.
- Experience performing application penetration testing on web applications, mobile, and Stand Alone.
- Knowledge with testing tools such as Burp Suite, ZAP, Fiddler, SQL map, BeEF, etc.
- Strong experience working with Dev Team to identify the adequate solution for application security findings.
- Deep understanding about SAST, DAST and SCA tools, preferably Microfocus solutions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Address Atlanta, GA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors