Full Job Description
The Information Security Engineer role in our team provides systems engineering, data modeling and analysis, technical leadership, security design, and vendor management for Intel’s information security capabilities.
This position will focus on the design, implementation, and maintenance of Intel’s security controls and capabilities to ensure compliance with cybersecurity specifications, policies, standards and procedures, and best security practices. Will also require close partnership with operational teams, architects, and key vendors to deliver effective capabilities that manage Intel’s systems and minimize risk to the corporation.
As an Information Security Engineer your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership on solution architecture, design, and implementation, ensuring it is in accordance with Intel requirements.
- Create designs and technical specifications that align business needs with technical solutions while considering emerging security technologies.
- Design and Deploy advanced analytics and/or controls; Innovating, Creating, deploying new detective or preventative security controls; Proficient in Communication Protocols and Data transfer methods for network, client and server technologies
- Collection and Configuration; has experience Building/Config controls to Collect comprehensive data event streams
- Recommend and drive additional security controls and align vendor roadmaps to meet Intel’s current and future security needs.
- Troubleshoot complex issues across multiple domains, networks, platforms, databases, and business units.
- Support an Agile and DevOps approach including support for deployment and management automation, version controls, and related continuous integration, delivery, and management processes.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, patches and resolve software/system related problems.
- Apply security best practices and principles to solutions they support
In addition the ideal candidate should also demonstrate the following behavioral skills:
- Strong team player who can work both independently and collaboratively with other peers and teams.
- Excellent customer service.
- Analytical, problem solving and influencing skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Security, Information Systems or any other science/engineering related field.
3+ years of experience in the following:
- Practical security experience with an emphasis on engineering and application support/development.
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) and containerization such as; Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Windows & Linux administration (i.e. installation, configuration and troubleshooting).
- Script writing for automation and integration (e.g. Python, Java, PowerShell, Ansible).
Relevant certifications through industry recognized organizations such as: SANS, ISACA, ISC2.
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Security or any other science/engineering related field.
- Minor or experience in Data Analytics/Statistics.
- Security industry certifications such as GSEC or CISSP.
- Experience with SIEM, Messaging Bus, Streams processing, Data Fabric/mesh, detective & preventative controls.
- Experience working with APIs (including data integration (e.g. Kafka, Denodo).
- Familiarity working with the following: SSO, LDAP, PAM and other basic Linux authentication integrations, Django, Gitlab or other code management/version control platforms.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
US, California, Folsom;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors