Full Job Description
At Intel we see the everyday as a bar that continually needs to be raised. Step inside our world and you will find one brilliant mind after another working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious.
As an Information Security Engineer you will be part of our team that is focused on delivering innovative and disruptive data protection services and capabilities making it safe for Intel to go fast.
Responsibilities will focus on building and providing capabilities for data protection services that uses industry best practices, comprehend industry control frameworks, and is comprehensive of business, data, application, and technology in its design and delivery. You will also work in close partnership with operational teams, architects, and key vendors to effectively deliver data protection capabilities and services.
As an Information Security Engineer your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Provide leadership on solution architecture, design, and implementation, ensuring it is in accordance with Intel requirements.
- Create designs and technical specifications that align business needs with technical solutions while considering emerging security technologies.
- Design and Deploy advanced analytics and/or controls; Innovating, Creating, deploying new detective or preventative security controls; Proficient in Communication Protocols and Data transfer methods for network, client and server technologies.
- Collection and Configuration; has experience Building/Config controls to Collect comprehensive data event streams.
- Recommend and drive additional security controls and align vendor roadmaps to meet Intel current and future security needs.
- Troubleshoot complex issues across multiple domains, networks, platforms, databases, and business units.
- Support an Agile and DevOps approach including support for deployment and management automation, version controls, and related continuous integration, delivery, and management processes.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, patches and resolve software/system related problems.
- Apply security best practices and principles to solutions they support.
In addition the ideal candidate should also demonstrate the following behavioral skills:
- Team player who can work both independently and collaboratively with other peers and teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical, problem solving and influencing skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Security, Information Systems or any other science/engineering related field.
3+ years of experience in the following:
- Supporting and delivering both host and network data loss prevention solutions and capabilities
- Practical security experience with an emphasis on engineering and application support/development
- Relevant certifications through industry recognized organizations such as: SANS, ISACA, ISC2
- Master ‘s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Security or any other science/engineering related field
- Security industry certifications such as: GSEC or CISSP
Experience in the following:
- Minor or experience in Data Analytics/Statistics
- SIEM, Messaging Bus, Streams processing, Data Fabric/mesh, detective and preventative controls
- Working with APIs including data integration e.g. Kafka, Denodo
- Working with the following: SSO, LDAP, PAM and other basic Linux authentication integrations, Django, Gitlab or other code management/version control platforms
- Setup, tuning, configuration, and management of Cloud Access Security Broker solutions
- Delivering and supporting encryption and rights management solutions for device, file, and containers
- Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. and containerization such as, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Windows and Linux administration i.e. installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Script writing for automation and integration e.g. Python, Java, PowerShell, Ansible
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Inside this Business Group
Intel’s Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Folsom, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors