Full Job Description
Do you like researching the evolving security threat landscape, discovering new hardware vulnerabilities, developing PoCs to characterize exploitability and recommending robust mitigations to address them? If so, Intel’s Xeon and Networking Engineering (XNE) group is looking for a hands-on hardware security researcher to perform a variety of offensive research activities across our product line.
- Proactive research driven by emerging threat/attack trends in key areas like Secure Boot, 5G and SCA
- Reactive research triggered by external reports against our products
- Performing security threat models
- Conducting security code reviews to ensure implementation matches security objectives
- Red teaming and participation in hackathons
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have:
Excellent communication and documentation skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 4+ years of experience in:
- A security related field
- Vulnerability research, exploit development and responsible disclosure
- Computer systems architecture, CPU, SoC, chipsets, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers
- Programming proficiency across languages: System Verilog, C/C++, Python/Perl scripting, etc.
- Willingness to work in an unstructured start-up like environment with minimal supervision
- Security research team lead or engineering team lead
- Pre-si simulation, emulation and/or formal validation
- Security Development Lifecycle (SDL)
Inside this Business Group
Xeon and Networking Engineering (XNE) focuses on the development and integration of XEON and Networking SOC’s and critical IP’s sustain Intels Xeon and 5G networking roadmap.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Oregon, Portland;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
- Address Allentown, PA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors