Role Value Proposition:
We are seeking a global Hardware Asset Management (HAM) & Configuration Management (CM) and Analyst who values designing, cultivating, and maturing process improvement. In this role, the analyst plays a key role in overseeing the Hardware Asset Management activities. A vital foundational component of the Service Management practice at MetLife. The HAM role supports core ITIL processes owned and managed by the Service Management team – Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, and Service Measurement & Reporting. The HAM and CM Analyst role is a global role that supports the lifecycle management of hardware assets and configuration management information in support of an accurate and functional CMDB.
This role focuses on key corporate priorities for IT assets by controlling costs, enhancing operational efficiency, ensuring regulatory compliance, and mitigating security & financial risks. Objectives include: tracking and managing IT hardware assets throughout their life cycle, providing accurate and complete asset information is available to support financial reporting and forecasting, manage asset-related liabilities and risks, improve customer service and responsiveness, and establishing a foundation for services, including Configuration Management.
- Accountable for communication, awareness, and promotion of the HAM and CM services within MetLife
- Strategize all critical components necessary for the ongoing maturity of the HAM and CM services utilizing industry-based knowledge of people, processes, and technology and maintain visibility within the greater organization
- Analyze CMDB data to highlight anomalies and errors and improve processes; work with configuration item (CI) owners to define remediation plans
- Define CMDB data quality reports to ensure accurately and up to date; maintain the CMDB Data Model
- Define the process for implementing & performing configuration monitoring
- Overall accountability for data quality, integrity, and security of HAM and CM repositories
- Liaison to internal Sourcing, IT Leadership, IT Project management, and Legal for hardware purchasing needs; build relationships with IT procurement, security, finance, and operations and demonstrate value; create and maintain relationships with vendors, resellers, and external consultants, as well as with internal stakeholders, including Accounting, Procurement, Legal, IT Service Management, and IT Platform Teams
- Provide direction and decision-making in the maintenance, automation, and integration of HAM and CM tools and support data sources (inventory, discovery, procurement, HR, etc.)
- Consult with IT Departments to ensure governance controls align with hardware compliance objectives
- Maintain ownership over the internal asset management knowledge base for ongoing improvement and visibility to the organization
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking company hardware assets to oversee chain-of-custody throughout their lifecycles
- Report to leadership the state of the CMDB via KPIs, CSFs, as well as regular dashboards, process lifecycle improvement, and trend reports
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5 + yrs. experience in HAM and CM role for a large, global company with proficiency in developing and implementing configuration management processes.
- Baseline understanding of Process Management / Asset Management. Knowledge of CMDB and ITIL concepts, particularly Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM)
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with ITIL
- Working knowledge of service management principles, including management and understanding of relationship types of configuration items (CIs)
- Experience with leading ITSM tools
- Understanding of Business Applications and their functionality in the ITIL model
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders to ensure an effective CMDB that adheres to governance standards
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure technologies, especially networking
- Experience with security, discovery, and inventory management tools
- BA/BS in related field strongly preferred
- ServiceNow experience a major advantage
- Familiarity with the Common Services Data Model (CSDM)
- ITIL v3 Practitioner
Global Infrastructure – Security Technology
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $659.6 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116659
- Address Cary, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors