Job Description Summary
You are a seasoned Cyber Security Leader with a passion for team-based formation of advanced cyber-based product development and actionable systems. In this role, you will mature your team’s capabilities and adapt defensive secure development practices to help the development and engineering teams build secure products and services. As the Director of Cyber Security, you will apply your knowledge of management, secure software/system development methodologies, best practices and proven processes to help deliver secure products & services. You think as a security researcher who thrives on addressing real world problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you will leverage your hands-on experience in cyber security engineering/operations.
- Build upon a strategy for resiliency across our systems to reduces the likelihood and impact.
- Lead team members across systems, network and cloud cyber risk management including incident response as well as oversight of in-house developed software, SaaS solutions, and COTS products.
- Take a special focus on secure software development and application security principles (including OWASP Top 10, sensitive data handling, APIs, RBAC, etc.)
- Continually mature the program through agile feature enhancements and lean/shift-left approaches.
- Drive execution and improvements of cyber request management, exceptions and other workflows.
- Enforce consequence management when cyber requirements are deviated from the standard.
- Develop and report on metrics, as well as enact improvements identified by metrics reviews.
- Effectively communicate in briefing sessions – both written and spoken report outs.
- Lead larger scale, matrixed projects and programs across the Cyber and Tech Risk (CTR) organization.
- Nurture and mentor a diverse team in both technical and soft-skill areas.
- Lead efforts to onboard new environments into our system lifecycle processes and capabilities.
- Ensure conformance with evolving policy, standards, regulatory, and data protection obligations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum 9 years experience.
- Practical hands-on experience hardening, monitoring, and responding to events in cloud-based environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- CISSP, CISM, and/or SANS certifications preferred.
- Experience with process/workflow automation (e.g., ServiceNow), business intelligence (e.g., SiSense), network security (e.g., Skybox, SDN, Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) and/or data analytics/SIEM tooling (e.g., Splunk).
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, release pipeline, & tooling (.NET, React, Python, GitHub, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people’s roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
- Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement and the ability to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
- Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
- Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
- Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
- Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
- Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels.
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
- Address Glen Allen, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors