Full Job Description
As the world around us becomes more connected and more digital, there are increased opportunities for fraud and disruption due to cybersecurity attacks. The need for companies, products, and services to be secure is more important than ever in this constantly changing landscape.
Are you passionate about keeping good people safe from bad actors? We are too! We are HP Cybersecurity and we are tasked with the security of the HP enterprise. As HP continues our digital transformation, the work of the cybersecurity professional is never complete and is always interesting. Come be a part of making a difference with us!
The Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst is charged with advancing our knowledge of adversary intent, opportunity, and capability to cause harm to HP’s global business. They are responsible for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of Cyber Threat Intel, enabling both internal Cybersecurity teams to focus prevention and detection efforts as well as enabling the business to better make informed, risk-based decisions.
What a Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence Analyst does at HP:
- Develop and refine cyber threat intelligence collection and analysis processes, using technical and non-technical, internal and external, threat intelligence sources
- Develop and support tools and processes to assist with collection and analysis of intelligence information
- Develop and refine mechanisms to integrate threat intelligence into other Cybersecurity tools and processesProduce detailed intelligence analysis reports on cyber threats with a potential to impact HP and present relevant findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Issue advisories on critical threats and vulnerabilities
- Identify gaps in both processes and technology, develop capabilities to enhance existing cyber threat intelligence Functions
- Support detection and response teams with context and analysis support, provide industry expertise and recommend relevant remediation and countermeasures
Individuals who thrive in this role at HP, typically have:
- 5 or more years experience in one or more of the following cybersecurity functions:
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring
- Incident Response
- Extensive knowledge of standards of intelligence collection and analysis tradecraft, distilling raw information into actionable intelligence.
- Experience tracking and reporting on cyber espionage, cyber crime, and other malicious cyber actors.
- Familiarity with cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques.
- Experience with standard signature and information sharing data formats and exchange protocols – e.g., Yara, STIX/TAXII, etc.
- Understanding of common operating systems and IT Infrastructure such as Windows, Unix/Linux, Active Directory, firewalls, proxies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (required, preferably in computer science, engineering or related area of study, or equivalent experience)
- Technical Cyber Security Certification through one of the recognized bodies preferred: SANS, ISACA, (ICS)2, CompTIA, etc.
- A mindset of continuous growth, curiosity, and asking WHY?
About the Team:
Our Cybersecurity Threat Intelligence analysts are embedded in our Threat Detection & Response team, enabling optimal communication and collaboration with closely related functions. Our mission is simple to express – find the Bad Guys! – but challenging to execute. You can become a key part in ensuring our success!
As a CTI analyst, you will also have the opportunity to interface with other Cybersecurity functions – Vulnerability Management, Risk Management, etc., using your knowledge to enable other teams to make better, more informed decisions.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
We are 55,000 HP employees, united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Interested in joining us? Let’s talk.
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors