Full Job Description
Primary responsibility is that of liaison between centralized HP Cybersecurity and local/site management and responsible for the cybersecurity of local networks.
Researches, designs, develops, operates, and maintains support services for existing and new business applications and information systems solutions by integrating technical and business requirements per standard HPIT process methodology (such as ITIL and ITSM). Includes identification, development, and prioritization of support services according to business criticality. Applications/information systems solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, the configuration of 3rd party software implementation of infrastructure solutions, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, and support and maintenance of infrastructure and information systems. Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that solutions comply with cybersecurity standards and uses approved technologies. Typical customers include internal Research & Development.
- Work with system and application owners to identify opportunities to streamline patching and implement automation solutions, where possible, to remediate vulnerabilities efficiently and effectively.
- Analyze, document, and communicate detailed reports, including recommended remediation.
- Audit firewall configurations and rules.
- Participate in network security incident response.
- Conduct network design reviews and develop recommendations for improving security posture.
- Perform packet and network system analysis using Wireshark, Nmap, NetStat, ARP, Zeek, etc.
- Collaborate with business units to understand network security requirements.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, remediation, and information security best practices.
- Experience preparing vulnerability data and reports for technical and executive audiences.
- Familiarity with LAN, WLAN, VLAN, TCP/IP, L2/L3 switches, and L7 firewalls.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice to make decisions on complex business issues, following established project management fundamentals.
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years related experience. Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g., operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end-user, and server/web-related applications). Strong experience with business IT applications (e.g., supply chain, customer relationship management, HR, finance). Experience in scripting or programming language. Experience with implementation, problem analysis, and solutions for infrastructure and business application environments. Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
Specific skillset would include:
Understanding of network infrastructure components, including firewalls, IPS units, and other security devices. Specific knowledge of Fortinet and Palo Alto firewalls a plus. Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications a plus. IP data network knowledge, IPv6 a plus.
- Address San Diego, CA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors