Full Job Description
The Cyber Security Solutions team consists of engineers and analysts who specialize in the tactics, tools and procedures used by cyber criminals. The Analyst will work within an interdisciplinary team that develops advanced analytical frameworks, tools and research methodologies in order to identify emerging cyber threats. The Collection Analyst will be responsible for assessment of data for suitability in sustained threat intelligence analytics. Assessment will include factors such as suitability of data, format, sourcing analysis, requirements for processing and automation. Additionally, the analyst will be responsible for development of automation to ingest, process, and enrich threat data feeds. Additional research will also be required and include evaluation of underground forums, chat channels, and, social media venues, and tools to maintain collection of data from these and other sources in both opportunistic and sustained operations.
- Work with a small team of experts that build and maintain automation, tools, web interfaces, and data-systems to help achieve the Cyber Security Solutions team’s mission
- Design/spec/build/customize systems and infrastructure as required
- Rapidly prototype and deliver integrations and data-management solutions
- Write and support code to handle integrations of existing tools and data
- Work with a team to develop and deploy new applications and integrations
- Attend development meetings, lead discussions, provide project updates as required
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with data storage and analytics technologies including Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Apache NIFI
- Experience with graph databases such as Arangodb and Neo4j
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration is a must
- Deep understanding of graph algorithms, label propagation, and vertex centrality
- Programming skills in Java or Python are a plus
- Effective use of GIT to do version control and Jira (or similar) to manage projects
- Experience operating and developing within AWS is highly desired
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results
- Works independently with minimal guidance to drive projects to completion, while also working collaboratively with the team to achieve strategic goals
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency who takes ownership and responsibility for service delivery
- Passionate about technical and cyber-security problem space
- Good team player who can work effectively with peers across functions
- Highly motivated and strives to achieve objectives
- Professional, clear, and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and consultative skills
- Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and employs a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, balancing multiple incidents, special projects, and other activities
- Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the business including both technical and non-technical staff, management, and senior leadership.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or relevant military or law enforcement experience.
** NOTE: An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the listed minimum requirements.
About Us: American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to email@example.com . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
IT – Information Technology Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel Relocation Provided: No AIG Employee Services, Inc.
- Address Charlotte, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors