As part Prudential’s Information Risk and Resilience team, this role advises and effectively challenges the technology organization’s management of operational risk, including risks associated with system development, data management, and information security. Viewed as a trusted advisor by business partners, the incumbent will translate technical risks into business terms and ensure transparency into operational risk at the right level of management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively challenge risk assessments performed by the first line defense, including risk identification, control effectiveness, and action planning.
- Lead or participate in assessments of top initiatives and new technologies.
- Assess and provide input into technology and data standards and governance frameworks.
- Promote and build strong risk management culture in business groups/corporate functions through strong engagement and relationship building with all levels of management.
- Facilitate the resolution of challenging, sensitive, and/or urgent risk issues
As a second line of defense function, the Information Risk and Resilience (IRR) team within Operational Risk Management oversees risk management frameworks designed for the identification of the most critical data, services, vendors, and systems to support risk-based implementation of controls and to foster an intelligent risk taking culture. Operational Risk Management’s vision is to serve as trusted partners in proactively managing Prudential’s operational risks, providing expert oversight and insights to accelerate business outcomes and protect the Company’s future.
This position requires resourcefulness, good judgment, persistence, the ability to influence others and strong leadership qualities.
The successful candidate will bring technical knowledge, skills and experience in risk management. Additional specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Relevant financial services and risk management experience
- Must be highly collaborative, open-minded and able to work with and influence others without having direct authority.
- Proven track record of effectively working with data to manage risk and process re-engineering, simplification and streamlining.
- Comfortable in ambiguity, self-directed and an agent and advocate for change.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with and understanding of technology, information security, business continuity, third party and data risks
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Relevant industry certifications are a plus (CRISC, CISM, CISSP etc.)
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.
- Address Newark, NJ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors