About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Better vehicle solutions demand greater insight, imagination and creativity. That’s where Ford Smart Mobility comes in. We are investing in emerging technologies and agile businesses to advance innovations in micro-transit, commercial solutions for fleet customers, enhanced vehicle ownership experience and more. We’re also developing the Transportation Mobility Cloud to host mobility-related solutions. If you have a passion for taking transportation where it’s never been before, consider joining our visionary team.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
In this key role, you will translate high-level market insights and concepts into advanced feature offerings that exceed customer needs and are also technically feasible. This will involve distilling user experiences into features and functions for logical partitioning within the connected vehicle ecosystem. You will:
- Participate in feasibility assessment of prioritized features
- Develop recommendations for connected vehicle feature content
- Collaborate with feature engineering leads to develop/support “feature roadmaps”
- Work with architects/engineers to break down connected vehicle features into manageable components and distribute them across vehicle, cloud and mobile app sub-systems
- Develop complex technical specifications for vehicle/cloud/mobile app sub-systems and integrate them to create ecosystem-level architecture specifications
- Collaborate with domain experts to create a vehicle connectivity solution that includes network connectivity module configuration, wireless networking protocols, back office connectivity, partner and third-party network connectivity etc.
- Define and author requirements for vehicle connectivity to wireless networks, in concert with Infotainment System connectivity architecture, functional specifications and DFMEA
- Develop vehicle connectivity solutions which include multi-layer connectivity and application interface strategy within the system, client server architecture, security framework, apps framework, billing system, subscription management, etc.
- Define technical requirements and solutions based on best practices
- Works closely with feature owner, security experts and system architects
- Support cross-functional system development teams
- Research and apply new solutions, partnerships and emerging technologies to system design
- Perform feasibility analysis, alternate solution identification and evaluations
- Create proofs of concepts
- Develop system architecture block diagrams/interfaces and call flow/sequence diagrams
- Develop and review system DFMEA/fault tree analysis
- Document and refine business requirements to ensure alignment with technically viable system designs
- Ensure solutions conform to architectural requirements such as performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas
- Support field assessments, test result assessment/resolution to open system items
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar scientific field of study
- Three or more years of system analysis experience, designing, developing, programming, testing, and solving technical problems with major systems
- Two or more years of experience in designing architecture for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, vehicle connectivity feature implementation (e.g., V2X, V2V, etc.) and data analytics.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master’s or PhD in computer science or electrical/electronic engineering
- Knowledge of wireless electronic devices, interfaces, and security issues/solutions
- Experience with network simulation test equipment
- Knowledge of cloud-based application integration, enterprise application integration, and service-oriented architecture concepts, and microservices architecture
- Two or more years of experience with RF communication systems (e.g., LTE/OFDMA, VoLTE, UMTS or GSM)
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Address Dearborn, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors