About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM X-Force is looking for an Applied Intelligence Specialist, or AIS, to join their X-Force Global Threat Intelligence Collective. You will provide industry-leading threat intelligence services across several security domains in an exciting and growing security delivery organization within IBM.
The AIS role is a hybrid position expected to be highly capable of not only analyzing and assessing threats, but also fully capable of taking actionable intelligence and implementing or applying it into action in a clients SIEM environment. The AIS is responsible for creating, tuning, and adjusting rules and policies to maximize detection accuracy on a clients SIEM Technology. This includes but is not limited to reducing false positives, improving performance, and implementing protection based on the latest actionable intelligence provided by the IBM X-Force team.
In addition to the technical skills required to perform their duties, the AIS is also expected to have a high level of understanding of the threat intelligence culture and possess the ability to verbally present to a client or other audience on those topics. Some examples of this are knowledge on APT groups, nation state actors, zero-day threats, bad actor motivations, and overall threat landscape.
The AIS will also work with teams internal and external to IBM Security to support the intelligence needs of the organization, foster collaboration, and promote IBM’s thought leadership in the cyber security space. The AIS will be involved in the development of content for internal and external publications, to include: research papers, blogs, and the X-Force Threat Index.
This role may occasionally travel for training, conferences, or client engagements.
Preferred locations: Atlanta, GA or Cambridge, MA
Your Roles And Responsibilities
- Takes a proactive approach to learning about the latest cyber threats, threat actors, tactics, techniques and procedures and malware.
- Demonstrates and provides subject matter expertise of the threat landscape including, but not limited to cyber-attack vectors, threat actors, security trends, and security policies and recommendations in both the government and commercial space.
- Ability to delivers high quality written technical assessments of threats.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more SIEM platforms (QRadar, Splunk, ArcSight, Sentinal).
- Proven ability to write and understand Yara and Snort rules.
- Performed multiple assigned technical tasks including research, analysis, solution design, development, product installation, system integration, and possibly root cause analysis of the advisory system when required.
- Has IT security industry experience, work regularly with client teams to develop requirements, plan, design, and generate a solution that meet the client security needs. This often includes using tools and methods to analyze, design and implement client solutions.
- Has enhanced professional, operational, and inter-personal skills to function effectively in collaborative high stakes and high stress situations with clients.
- Analytical ability and creativity necessary to develop and implement solution deliverables for medium size projects or components of a larger project.
- Ability to provide business or technical advice to managers, as well as give consulting, project management or technical direction to team members and/or client personnel. May lead a team on small projects or a segment of larger projects.
- Ability to balance of project management or technical work assignments with team members’ skills to mitigate risk on the project/engagement/proposals.
- Possesses strong verbal communication skills to deliver strategic, tactical, and operational intelligence to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Experience conducting and correlating threat research using OSINT, incident response engagement data, and proprietary tools, performing threat modeling, and producing intelligence threat assessments.
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 years in Cyber Security
- 2 years in SIEM usage
- 1 year experience exploitation techniques and malware analysis
- 2 years experience in applying knowledge of information security best practices, threat intelligence research and compromising techniques
- 4 years technical writing experience
- 2 years experience writing rules in Snort or Yara
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Field of Study: MIS/CIS/CS and/or other technology field
- 6 years in Cyber Security
- 3 year experience exploitation techniques and malware analysis
- 5 years experience in applying knowledge of information security best practices, threat intelligence research and compromising techniques
- 6 years technical writing experience
- 4 years experience writing rules in Snort or Yara
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors